I can order events and assess their duration and relationships in time (Chronologically)
Today we looked at what we know about Mr. McGovern and how we knew (evidence) based on yesterday's activity. We discussed and compared this his real background. You can learn a little bit about him below.
A big part of the conversation revolved around the work that historians do in constructing a narrative or story about the past. We discussed ...
- The importance of schema or perspective of the one writing history in what gets included
- The incomplete (and changing nature) of history due to the fact that there are pieces that have been lost over time, or not yet discovered
- Continue thinking about and refining your list of TEN significant events
- Organize them chronologically (ordered by when they happened)
- Create a Timeline with these TEN events
Timelines are DUE Friday.